Hungry? In Downtown Las Vegas? Look no further!


As much as I love cooking, I’m a bit of a foodie. I make an effort to find gems across the Las Vegas valley. It began with the Great Donut Hunt of 2017 to find the best donut shop in Las Vegas (It’s Donut Mania in Henderson, if you’re wondering). Every week, I try a new restaurant with my carnivore and omnivore friends to find the best of Las Vegas. There are a few things I look for in a good restaurant. Food, service and atmosphere. When it comes to food, I look for delicious quality food. While wonderful plating is always appreciated, Instagram doesn’t need yet another food picture. Service just needs to friendly and inviting. I love feeling like part of a family whenever I walk into somewhere new. Lastly, atmosphere is critical. I lean towards the Pacific Northwest hipster vibe with intimate lighting and abstract wall hangings, but a good bar with good music is always welcome. This week, I’m focusing on some of my favorite places to dine in Downtown Las Vegas and the Arts District. Without much ado, let’s jump into some of my newest delicious finds!

Lola’s Louisana Kitchen – I will admit, this place isn’t vegetarian or vegan friendly. They do offer delicious Southern food and the best sweet tea you’ll find outside of the south.

Cornish Pasty – A Cornish pasty is a baked pastry filled with meat and vegatables originating in Cornwall, England. Cornish Pasty brings a little bit of the UK to Las Vegas with good food and beer.
Donut Bar – I know I said Donut Mania was the best donut shop in Las Vegas, but this place is just as delicious and it’s close to Downtown Las Vegas. The donuts are yuge.

MTO Café – It’s a tad expensive, but it’s a hip little joint with the best vegan pancakes I’ve ever had. The food is great but the wait is killer. They validate your parking for an hour (though I’ve never been in there less than an hour).


Makers and Finders – A fusion of Central American and American cuisine that offers a unique culture and dining experience with in-restaurant roasting and brewed coffees. I highly recommend this place for brunch or a great first date. 

Vesta Coffee – Another great coffee shop that could give any roaster in Portland and Seattle a run for their money. Vesta is full of students clicking away on their laptops and offers a quiet place to work and study. Take all your coffee loving friends.

AmeriBrunch Café – An affordable breakfast location in DTLV. It offers a decent selection with really cheap food. It’s quiet and homey.

Bronze Café at the Market – Try the oatmeal.

PublicUs – Bottomless Mimosas with brunch.

VegeNation – This is the best place to go for vegetarian and vegan food for both carnivores and omnies alike. They offer a wide variety of options with beautiful presentation in small intimate restaurant close t the container park. This is one of the few restaurants that I truly believe can impress a hardcore meat-eater (here and Veggie House in ChinaTown).

Tenaya Creek Brewery – Not really Downtown, but there’s beer, friendly staff and lots of jovially drunk folk to people watch.

Comments

  1. I have never been to any of those restaurants. I would like to say I would look into it, but why lie. I'm gonna stick to Popeye's Louisiana Mild Chicken strips with Sweet Heat sauce, and call it a day. Also, I've never order oatmeal from a restaurant. Ever. And that makes me chuckle inside. I guess it's because I always order grits. Side-note: Real Donuts on Cheyenne has better donuts than Donut Mania, with a higher rating on Google and more reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like Real Donuts! They're great with coffee and tea! They're really affordable, moreso than Donut Mania. I love the variety, colors and flavors of Donut Mania just a bit more. Lola's is fantastic, so give them a try. It's real Southern food with great hospitality.

      I never ordered oatmeal before either but it was recommended to me and I need to spread the truth!

      Delete
  2. I have been wanting to eat healthier so this was inspiring to see fast food that is also going to be offering nutritional value

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I support posting nutritional information in all restaurant, at least allergen information (gluten, eggs, dairy, vegan, etc). I think it helps people become more aware of what they're eating. The FDA is implementing a policy that will require food establishments with more than 20 locations to post nutritional information by May this year, so it is definitely a start.

      Delete

Post a Comment